Improvised Music Company (IMC) is an Arts Council funded resource for Irish musicians and a specialist music promoter for jazz and ethnic music in Ireland. We produce 4 festivals annually as well as intimate and large scale concerts of Irish and international jazz, experimental and world music artists.
Improvised Music Company (IMC) was founded by Irish jazz musicians and supporters in 1991. Today, we’re Ireland’s largest specialist music producer, with hands-on involvement in many aspects of music making throughout the island, from festival programming, concert promotion, touring, education and audience development.
Some of our high-profile festivals presenting jazz and world music include;
- ESB Dublin Jazz Festival : 1999-2003
- Farmleigh Affair : 2005-2009
- 12 Points festival: 2007 - present
- Down With Jazz festival : 2012 - present
- Hotter Than July : 2014 - present
- STRUT: 2015