Nick Roth is a saxophonist, composer, producer and educator.
His work explores the liberation of improvisation from composition, the impact of nature on technology and a contemporary interpretation of traditional music.
A fascination with pattern, cycle and structure has led to ongoing conversations with mathematical biologists, forest canopy ecologists and hydrologists, seeking a conception of music as translative epistemology.
Simultaneously subsumed by an insatiable appetite for literature, his compositions investigate the philosophical impact of poetry and the symbiotic resonance of words as sound and text.
A curious predisposition and a steadfast refusal to accept the existence of boundaries between the real and the imaginary has led to collaborations with an array of international performers, composers, choreographers, directors, visual artists, festivals, poets and ensembles.
Nick is artistic director of Yurodny, a founding member of the Water Project and a partner at Diatribe Records, Ireland’s leading independent record label for new music.
His work is represented by the Contemporary Music Centre (CMC) and the Association of Irish Composers (AIC).
More About this Artist
- BAN BAM 2022
27 Apr 2022
- Swing into Summer Sunday Jazz Gala
11 Jul 2021
- Blind Date Jazz: Matthew Jacobson + Olesya Zdorovetska
14 Feb 2021
- Nice to meet you Dublin! With OKO, Roamer and H-Ci & DJackulate
8 Dec 2020
- Jazz at Wood Quay Summer Sessions Online
9 Jul 2020
- Kenosha Kid at Lost Lane
6 Mar 2020
- IMC’s Signal Series February: BigSpoon | ÄTSCH
6 Feb 2020
- Signal Series September: F-JoB | Joe O’Callaghan Trio
5 Sep 2019
- Signal Series April - ReDiviDeR | The Aoife Doyle Band
30 Apr 2019
- Signal Series March - Oxygen Thief feat. Aleka | Kevin Lawlor Quintet
26 Mar 2019