Music Alliance Ireland launch
Improvised Music Company is proud to be a founding member of Music Alliance Ireland which launches today.
Music Alliance Ireland is a group of national music organisations and companies that have come together to establish a collective voice for the music sector in Ireland.
MAI will host its first public meeting and launch at New Music Dublin, Ireland's foremost contemporary music festival.
Thursday 28th April 2022
The Iveagh Room (behind the Terrace Restaurant)
National Concert Hall
Free. All welcome.
Music Alliance Ireland's founding members consist of performance groups, concert promoters and resource organisations with a remit across the island and involvement in a variety of musical genres; Association of Irish Composers, Contemporary Music Centre, Crash Ensemble, Diatribe Records, Improvised Music Company, Journal of Music, Kirkos Ensemble, Music Network and Trad Ireland/Traid Éireann. We meet ten times a year and are open to new members.
1. To establish a national network and voice for music organisations and musicians in Ireland.
2. To advocate for support and policies for music at a national level.
3. To work for the establishment of a music hub* in Dublin and equivalent spaces in other centres around Ireland.
4. To campaign for proper pay for musicians.
5. To further the provision for music from Ireland in Irish broadcasting and media.
6. To support the development of the Irish independent record label sector.
Future meetings will take place throughout Ireland. See musicallianceireland.ie for details as they are confirmed.
*A music hub is a space for rehearsal, collaboration, offices, equipment, recording, storage and performance. It's a creative space where the music community can work together.