Continuing our Jazz Connector online meet-ups with a focus on career development, IMC would like to invite the Irish music community to come together for an informal Zoom meet-up on Thursday December 10th from 1:30 - 3:00PM.
The topic at hand is:
The Do's and Don’ts of Funding Applications with Kim Macari - How to implement best practices when applying for funding from state bodies and other sources
We’ll be joined by Kim Macari. Originally from Fife, Scotland and now based in London, Kim Macari is a musician and composer immersed in the jazz and improvised music scene. As well as her performing and teaching work, she is a programmer at Vortex Jazz Club, Chairperson of Jazz Promotion Network and works with Arts Council England.
Kim is in a unique position to educate on this topic, having the distinct advantage of having ample experience in creating and receiving applications for funding through her various roles and projects.
We’ll navigate the sometimes murky waters of funding together and cover the essentials needed in any application as well as the major pitfalls you can easily avoid. This one is not to be missed!
Some of the topics we'll cover:
- Examples of good and bad funding applications - We'll share these on the screen and also provide them for reviewing afterwards.
- Top Do's and Don'ts - Interactive Presentation
- Top Tips for strong application writing - A comprehensive hit list of things you should be doing and what you should have to hand to allow you to be able to grab any funding opportunity that comes your way.
- Decision Making processes - An insight into the actual mechanism for decision making with an explanation on how this process works.
- You Become The Panel - Attendees will be given a few funding ideas and a limited budget. You then have to work through which ones to fund and which to reject, seeing how this process works first hand.
- How to put together an effective application budget - With templates and tips on key points to consider.
All of the guest speakers will be expressing their own personal views and will not be speaking on behalf of their various companies/employers.
If you missed out on any of our previous meetups, you can read all of the talking points that were discussed here.
Meeting ID: 839 0343 8582
Please register your interest below to attend. You can also let us know if there are any particular topics that you would like us to cover in this or future discussions. Places are limited so be sure to let us know if you’d like to join in!