IMC seeks new board members
Improvised Music Company is seeking to appoint new members to its Board of Directors, to assist us in the vibrant development of creative improvised music in Ireland.
We are particularly seeking candidates with corporate sector, fund-raising development experience, candidates with charitable organisation and non-profit experience, or candidates with strategic and business planning experience, however we welcome applications from any candidates who feel they have other skills to advance IMC’s mission.
Improvised Music Company’s mission is to foster the growth, excellence, and understanding of jazz and improvised music across Ireland. IMC addresses all aspects of development for performers and audiences, actively removing barriers to engagement at all levels. IMC drives forward the improvised music ecology by creating sustainable and enriching opportunities for artists, and engaging experiences for audiences of all persuasions.
Learn more about Improvised Music Company HERE.
We are particularly interested in candidates with any of the following skills, knowledge:
- Business/corporate sector experience with capacity and connections to fundraising and development opportunities
- Experience with charitable organisations and non-profits, preferably including engaging with the Charities Regulator.
- Experience with arts and culture outside of music, including multi-disciplinary projects and festivals.
- Experience in marketing or public relations, particularly in the events or cultural sectors.
- Experience in strategic planning and business plan creation, including for non-profit organisations.
- An interest in jazz or creative improvised music.
Board member responsibilities will include:
- Approving IMC executive’s financial and business planning annually.
- Advising on IMC's strategic development, particularly relating to your area of expertise.
- Providing feedback on IMC’s funding applications, particularly with reference to major funding from the Arts Council.
- Leading or participating in sub-committees regarding specific areas of IMC’s development.
- Recommending or sourcing opportunities for IMC to engage with businesses in relation to partnerships, sponsorships or fundraising
- Recommending or sourcing opportunities for IMC to engage with artists or other arts organisations in relation to collaborative projects or developments.
IMC aims for its Board to reflect Ireland’s diversity. We welcome applications from persons of any ethnicity, gender or sexuality, persons with disabilities and persons of any socio-economic or cultural backgrounds.
Approximately 6 Board Meetings per annum. Board members who choose to participate in sub-committees of the Board towards specific goals may attend additional meetings, online or otherwise.
As a non-profit organisation, board membership of Improvised Music Company does not carry any financial remuneration.
Improvised Music Company’s offices are based in Dame Street, Dublin 2, however, due to the ongoing pandemic restrictions, board meetings are currently taking place entirely online. Digital attendance will also be a possibility into the future for board members not based in Dublin. Applications from candidates based outside Dublin are very welcome, reflecting the national aims of Improvised Music Company.
Those interested in becoming a member of Improvised Music Company’s board are invited to send a letter outlining their interest and suitability to admin @ improvisedmusic.ie. IMC are accepting applications on an ongoing basis.