Cooler Clinics March - Funding Focus
Each month, Improvised Music Company hosts a Cooler Clinic in our new rehearsal and development space for improvised music - The Cooler at The Complex.
Drop in to The Cooler any time to talk to the IMC team about anything that’s been concerning you in your career, one-to-one or in a small group, in short 20/30 minute slots.
Each Cooler Clinic has a particular focus, with talks around that topic - such as social media, funding applications, newsletter marketing, releasing music, domestic and international touring, or many other things that can be issues for a lot of musicians.
In March, we’re focusing on funding applications, with talks on funding applications at 1:30pm and 6:30pm, and plenty of time to get feedback on and discuss any applications you’re working on.
However, one-to-one conversations can be on any topic that’s concerning you at the minute, so feel free to drop in with questions in any area that you think we might be able to help on.
The Cooler Clinic is also an open place to chat with fellow musicians in the genre over tea and coffee and share knowledge that might be helpful to everyone, AND if you are interested in using the space for rehearsal and development, you can have an in-person induction session to The Cooler too.
Register in for what time of day you’d like to attend and drop in with your questions.
You can use the one-to-one time to talk to the IMC team about any concerns you have around funding opportunities you’d like to apply for, such as to:
- Get another pair of eyes on any funding application for any mistakes or areas of possible misunderstanding.
- Get external perspective on the goals of any draft or prospective application for upcoming grants in relation to the award’s guidelines.
- Bring along any draft budgets to discuss the budgeting process and any questions you have, or work with us to create a budget structure you can use.
- Get feedback on or ideas for useful supporting documentation.
- If you don’t have a current opportunity in mind but you’re aiming to become more comfortable with the funding process overall, feel free to bring along a previous application, a previous draft, or even a starting idea to discuss with us.
IMC is not a funding body, but having been a part of many applications over the years, we can offer advice based on our experience, and a fresh pair of eyes over text, budgets, or supporting documentation.
The Cooler is up two flights of stairs and may be difficult to access for patrons with mobility issues. Seating is available for all talks and consultations. If you have any other access concerns please let us know by email or phone and we will do our best to assist you.
Musician-Parents are welcome to bring their children along, however IMC cannot be responsible for children attending. Please also note that there are two sets of staircases up to the cooler, and that any prams would need to be left at the bottom. Baby-changing facilities are available in The Complex.
|10am-1pm||Morning 1-to-1 consultations|
|10am-1pm||Online 1-to-1 consultations|
|1:30pm-2pm||Talk - Approaching Funding Applications|
|2pm-6pm||Afternoon 1-to-1 consultations|
|2pm-6pm||Inductions for users of The Cooler|
|6:30pm-7pm||Talk - Approaching Funding Applications|
|7pm-10pm||Evening 1-to-1 consultations|
|7pm-10pm||Inductions for users of The Cooler|