Monster Music Improv 2016 Tour
“plenty of humour, rhythmic participation by all and first-rate improvised music and art” - Ian Patterson – allaboutjazz.com
A music performance and visual adventure for ages 5+.
Join outstanding guitarist and technology whizz Shane Latimer, acclaimed vocalist and improviser Lauren Kinsella and inventive cartoonist Patrick Sanders for a music performance with a difference. The musicians will instantly create funky jazzy melodies on-the-spot, while Patrick draws cool cartoons of the music that are projected live! Expect lots of spontaneous music fun, some well-known tunes, fantastic cartoons and strange spooky sounds thrown in for good measure. A musical improvisation and visual adventure for all the family!
Monster Music Improv is an innovative musical experience, and is essential quality music programming for venues, festivals and other events catering to families and children. The show is also ideal for school programming (senior infants upwards), and touches on many aspects of the Primary Level music curriculum.
Lauren Kinsella is a contemporary vocalist, composer, bandleader. Winner of the 2013 Kenny Wheeler Jazz Prize, her work has been reviewed in several countries including the USA, Germany, the UK, France, Norway, Switzerland and Ireland and she regularly appears on many international radio stations.
Belfast-based performer and illustrator, Patrick Sanders specialises in using cartoons and live drawing in performance as well as to document conferences, discussions and events. Most of his performance work has been devised for young audiences and involves elements of interactivity and improvisation.
Shane Latimer is a guitarist, composer and teacher based in Dublin. He plays 6 and 8 string guitars using not only conventional techniques but also preparations/manipulations and other extended techniques. He also works with sampling, analogue and digital synthesis and electronic processing and is a keen
• Lime Tree Theatre, Limerick - Fri 21 Oct @ 11am
• Droichead Arts Centre, Drogheda - Sat 22 Oct @ 2pm
• Solstice Arts Centre, Navan - Mon 24 Oct @ 10am
• Roscommon Arts Centre, Roscommon - Tue 25 Oct @ 10am
• glór Arts Centre, Ennis - Wed 26 Oct @ 10.30am
• The Ark, Dublin - Thu 27 Oct @ 10.15am & 12.15pm
• Island Arts Centre, Lisburn - Sat 29 Oct @ 3.30pm
• Wexford Arts Centre, Wexford - Sun 30 Oct @ 3pm
• Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge - Mon 31 Oct @ 2pm
Funded by an Arts Council Touring Award.
More About this Artist
11 May 2023
- Piece by Piece #13: Lauren Kinsella
8 Jan 2021
- Nice to meet you Dublin! With OKO, Roamer and H-Ci & DJackulate
8 Dec 2020
- Piece by Piece #1: Shane Latimer
10 Apr 2020
- Jazz Connective: Concerts Day 2
12 Dec 2019
- Jazz Connective: Concerts Day 1
11 Dec 2019
- SPECTRUM: Sons of Kemet & Snowpoet
9 Mar 2018
- SNOWPOET Irish Tour
1 — 11 Mar 2018
5 & 6 Jul 2016
- Down With Jazz 2016
4 & 5 Jun 2016