While he failed to find such avid fellow followers of wordplays, he did find and enlist the help of improv and rhythmic specialists Derek Whyte (bass) and Nick Roth (alto sax), with trombonist Colm O'Hara arriving a little later.
The band play all original compositions from Jacobson ("one of Ireland's most exciting young talents" - the Irish Times) with influences including artists such as Charles Mingus, Jim Black, Deerhoof and Tim Berne. The formula for putting all this together in one palindromic setting is downtown grooves with catchy riffs and collective improvs.
ReDiviDeR have recorded two albums for Diatribe, Ireland’s leading record label for new sounds. ‘Never odd or eveN’ was released in November 2011 to a four-star review in the Irish Times and a ‘one to watch out for’ recommendation in All About Jazz. ‘meets I Dig Monk, Tuned’ was released in October 2013 and has been called 'an inspired endeavour' by No More Workhorse, 'a big leap forward' by Marlbank and ‘a striking musical collage… recommended for those generally disposed to imaginative, genre-bending music’ by All About Jazz.
The group have performed at many festivals in Ireland and the UK, will be undertaking their first French tour in November 2013 and plans are currently underway for an Italian festival set and a Norwegian tour in 2014.
More About this Artist
- BAN BAM 2022
27 Apr 2022
- Swing into Summer Sunday Jazz Gala
11 Jul 2021
- Blind Date Jazz: Matthew Jacobson + Olesya Zdorovetska
14 Feb 2021
- Nice to meet you Dublin! With OKO, Roamer and H-Ci & DJackulate
8 Dec 2020
- Jazz at Wood Quay Summer Sessions Online
9 Jul 2020
- IMC’s Signal Series February: BigSpoon | ÄTSCH
6 Feb 2020
- Signal Series September: F-JoB | Joe O’Callaghan Trio
5 Sep 2019
- Signal Series April - ReDiviDeR | The Aoife Doyle Band
30 Apr 2019
- Signal Series March - Oxygen Thief feat. Aleka | Kevin Lawlor Quintet
26 Mar 2019
- ALEKA: Romania 100: Songs of Love and Longing
4 Dec 2018